Para Dance UK – Project Administrator
As part of the Government backed Kickstart Programme for *UK based 16-24 year olds on (or soon to be on) universal credit* we have 1 exciting role available for a 6 months placement. If you are eligible, or not sure please talk to your Job centre work coach! If you know anyone you’d be a great fit for this role, please do pass it onto them too!
Para Dance UK is the national governing body for Para Dance Sport in the UK. Our aim is to develop and promote dance as a sport and an inclusive leisure activity across the country for those who would otherwise be excluded and celebrate that #EveryoneCanDance.
Whether you have a disability, want to try dance for the first time or just add some fun to your day, our dance day sessions have something for everyone. Come and join us for one session or try them all! The choice is yours!
As Project Administrator, you will be supporting the Project Manager with the administration and smooth running of all our funded project activity. At any one time we could have around 10 or more projects running some national some local so there is a lot to do.
As we are a small charity no day is the same. We are a friendly, hardworking team who strive to make an impact in all that we do. A typical day would be varied and would include being involved in lots of different aspects including administration, research, engaging volunteers, assisting with marketing and social media and helping gather information for reporting. We encourage ideas and creativity from all of our staff.
Your contribution will be to help ensure the smooth running of Para Dance UK; enabling us to collate all the necessary items needed for each project.
You will therefore be trained to assist in the below areas:
- Setting up a new project
- Supporting the delivery of key projects
- Undertaking research and gathering evidence/impact from projects
- Collating project activity into reports to be shared with funders
- Reporting and assisting with general administrative tasks in line with procedures.
- Interaction and building of relationships with Para Dance UK’s volunteers to aid with the day to day charitable operative.
- General administrative duties to ensure the smooth running of Para Dance UK
- IT Literacy (Microsoft office word, excel etc)
- Effective communication (written and verbal)
- Organised; the ability to multitask
- Can work independently and as part of a team
Although no professional experience is necessary for this role, the experience of working on Projects is essential. This could however be in a personal, professional, or academic capacity.
In addition, preference would be given to anyone who has previous experience working within in the Charity Sector or interacting with volunteers.
For more details or to apply please contact your Job Centre Work Coach with these details
Adecco working Ventures – Para Dance UK Ltd – Project Administrator
Job Number -042021-179457