CALL OUT: FEBRUARY – APRIL BALLET PROJECT
Do you know a physically disabled dancer age 9 – 16 with an interest in ballet?
If so, please help promote an exciting opportunity to study ballet with inspiring professional artists this February half-term.
Selected dancers will be invited to participate in an Easter holiday course which will be filmed to create online teachers’ resources.
Gloucestershire based dancers may also be eligible for support to access local ballet classes during March and April 2017.
Background to the course(s):
With input from national partners, we are developing a teaching approach to improve access to ballet for physically disabled dancers. Click here to watch a short film with some background information about Dance Unstuck.
- 13 – 17 February 2017: Half-term Intensive
- 10 – 13 April 2017: Selected dancers will be invited to participate in filming of material for teachers’ resources
- Location: Gloucester
- Fees: £50 for February half-term course; £40 for Easter course (fee and/or expenses bursary information available on request)
- Access: the courses will be held in wheelchair accessible studios and Dance Support Workers will be available. We will call you to discuss access in detail
As these courses are part of a research project with specific aims, it is important that participants:
- Have an interest in ballet and love of dance (no prior experience of ballet or of a particular curriculum is required)
- Are aged between (approximately) 9 and 16
- Are available during both February half-term and the first week of the Easter school holidays
- Are comfortable working independently and in groups with both peers and with adult professionals
- Have capacity to generate and remember movement material
- Have support / means to stay away from home if not based near to Gloucester (partial bursaries may be available)
A preliminary conversation will help us mutually decide whether this opportunity is right for you / your child / your student.
To register interest / find out more:
Please contact Holly Garnett at GDance Productions (01452-550 431 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
This is an Arts Council England supported project, delivered in partnership with Linda Virgoe Dance Studios.
GDance Productions, Colwell Arts Centre, Derby Road, Gloucester, GL1 4AD
Phone: (01452) 550 431 / (07917) 796 959