We understand that training and professional development can be expensive, we work to fund bursaries in as many areas as possible to allow us to support your training costs.
Inclusive Dance is our passion, we aim to help increase the quality and availability of sessions and activity around the UK.
- Must be a UK Resident
- Have training and/or experience in either Dance or Disability
- Be willing to run sustainable and regular sessions in your community within 2 months of passing qualifications
- Be prepared to instruct Inclusive Dance to your community for a minimum of 1 year, you will be required to give Para Dance UK regular participation statistics.
- If applying for a Para Dance Sport Course, you must have first successfully completed the Inclusive Dance Training Course.
To apply for a Bursary please ensure you complete both sections of this application form in full and submit at least 6 weeks before your course starting date.
Once you have fully completed your Booking form and Bursary application send to Bursary@paradance.org.uk.
Please be aware that it may take anywhere up to 6 weeks before a decision is made on your bursary application, we try to may these decisions as quickly as possible.
If you are offered a bursary for your course choice, please be aware before your place can be confirmed, your contribution payment (details will be included in your bursary offer letter) must be received. Once this is processed your course place will be confirmed in writing.
Terms & Conditions
- Within 3 months of passing the course you will need to complete 3 different inclusive dance sessions in your community (remotely if required due to current restrictions)*
- Provide a register of attendance – no GDPR data required, first name and anonymised special category information template provided.
- Evaluation forms from all participants
- Feedback report, where you explain the impact, benefits, learning outcomes and future aims you have from receiving the bursary money
- Continue to provide Para Dance UK with regular statistics from regular work you deliver around Inclusive Dance and Para Dance Sport.
You’ll receive 1 year’s Free Affiliation, as part of this service, this includes several benefits which you can see via the link https://www.paradance.org.uk/training/affiliation/.
You will be required to sign up to our affiliated instructor code of conduct and guidelines. You also during this year will be an Associate Members of Para Dance UK and will receive updates and invitations to our Associate Membership as per our Memorandum and Articles of Association
*for example, one care home, one-day service/school, one disability group
If you do not manage to complete your training course or organise retakes within 6 months of the course finish date or meet any of the above points, you will have to reimburse us with the full amount of the investment made.